POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Re: ACES (another cross-eyed stereogram) ~22k JPEG : Re: ACES (another cross-eyed stereogram) ~22k JPEG Server Time
3 Oct 2024 15:09:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: ACES (another cross-eyed stereogram) ~22k JPEG
From: A J  Palmer
Date: 8 Jan 2000 15:32:40
Message: <38779EE7.F9C641ED@wolsi.com>
Sander wrote:

> Nice little picture, but it's not a cross-eyed stereo, but a parallel-eyed
> stereo (IYKWIM).
> I used to make them for smaller images; as soon as they are larger than
> let's say 8 or 9 cm, a cross-eyed is better. A bit of a strain on the eyes,
> though...
>
> --
> Regards,
> Sander

I prefer cross-eye, big or small, because I can use my glasses to see
the image.  Parallel stereo just doesn't work for me, my glasses
interfere with the focusing process, giving me a serious headache.
Someone informed me that they have no problem, but it may have something
to do with my astigmatism and the correction in the lens.

Incidentally, I'd like to see a nice, large cross-eye stereo image
complete with a focal point and have the simulated "eyes" look directly
at the focal point.  It seems that a lot of the stereo images out there
don't look AT something, they look from parallel points of view (i.e.
each eye looking a smidgen to the side, but the rays parallel for each
"eye"), making the effect a little odd.

Or maybe I don't understand how it should work.
--

-- A.J.
http://www.cc.utah.edu/~ajp25960

- "There's a door"